QoS Classification before WAN Accelerator

I've inherited a semi large corporate network and want to get the QoS cleaned up a bit. The current network is a bit of a mess, so I am mostly looking at doing some classification and policing at the WAN routers for the near term solution. This has been done somewhat on the WAN router already, but most of the larger sites have riverbed WAN accelerators, so classifying traffic which isnt already marked with a DSCP value isn't really an option as it all gets sent out over one port to the riverbed device at the destination site.

This is what I have at one of the sites... LAN 3560 Riverbed Wan Router WAN

I'd like to do some classification on the 3560, apply DSCP values, have the riverbed pass those through and have the WAN router police on those. The riverbed passes through DSCP values, as my voice traffic that is marked at the phone goes through fine, so that shouldnt be an issue. I tried applying a policy on both the vlan and interfaces on the 3560, but havent had much luck.

When trying to apply the "service policy input classify" on the port leading to the Riverbed, I get...

- Remove policy failed for interface GigabitEthernet0/1 -

The first thought in my head is that I need CEF on to do 'set' based policies, but I havent applied too much QoS on a L3 switch before, so ya know.

• * * * * 3560 Config (Abbreviated)
    version 12.2 no service pad service timestamps debug datetime localtime service timestamps log datetime localtime service password-encryption ! hostname ***agg-sw1 ! clock timezone EST -5 clock summer-time EDT recurring 2 Sun Mar 2:00 1 Sun Nov 2:00 vtp mode transparent ip subnet-zero ip routing no ip domain-lookup ! mls qos ! ! class-map match-all medium-priority match access-group name qos-medium-priority class-map match-all high-priority match access-group name qos-high-priority class-map match-any voice match ip dscp ef match access-group name qos-voice ! ! policy-map classify class voice set dscp ef class high-priority set dscp 31 class medium-priority set dscp 21 class class-default set dscp default ! ! ! interface GigabitEthernet0/1 description WAN switchport access vlan 2 speed 1000 duplex full priority-queue out mls qos trust dscp ! interface GigabitEthernet0/2 description Link to Building2 switchport access vlan 4 speed 100 duplex full mls qos trust dscp ! ! interface Vlan1 no ip address shutdown ! interface Vlan2 description SITE1 WAN ip address 172.20.3.254 255.255.255.0 ip pim sparse-mode ! interface Vlan4 description Link to Building2 ip address 172.25.4.2 255.255.255.252 ip pim sparse-mode !

Any ideas, or direction on how I can achieve my goal of doing some classification and setting the DSCP field on the 3560?

Reply to
auromed
Loading thread data ...

From Cisco: "Only one ACL per class map and only one match class-map configuration command per class map are supported. The ACL can have multiple ACEs, which match fields against the contents of the packet."

It's kinda lame, but I think the problem is in your voice class-map.

The easy answer: Auto QoS

formatting link

Reply to
response3

QoS

formatting link
Sorry, here's the link I found that info in.

formatting link

Reply to
response3

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.