QoS/ToS Support in Cisco 2600 Router

Hi, I have a Cisco 2621XM router for my VOIP cercuit. This router is doing only routing and all the VOIP process is done by the Media Gateway. Here is how the network looks like...

VOIP Media GW ---->Cisco 2621 --------WAN Link------------>Router------->VOIP Media GW

We are transmetting SS7 Signal and Voice over this link. The Media Gateways has feature to put ToS bit in the IP Packet. All I want to do is configure QoS in the 2621 router to give high priority to the SS7 packets.

Any guide line or help will be highly appritiated.

Regards

Mamun

Reply to
Dev
Loading thread data ...

Hi, I have a Cisco 2621XM router for my VOIP cercuit. This router is doing only routing and all the VOIP process is done by the Media Gateway. Here is how the network looks like...

VOIP Media GW ---->Cisco 2621 --------WAN Link------------>Router------->VOIP Media GW

We are transmetting SS7 Signal and Voice over this link. The Media Gateways has feature to put ToS bit in the IP Packet. All I want to do is configure QoS in the 2621 router to give high priority to the SS7 packets.

Any guide line or help will be highly appritiated.

Regards

~/Dev

Reply to
Dev

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.