Setup a SIMPLE VPN with my PIX515e

Hello!

We have a PIX515E device.

It is currently running: Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3) Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(1)

I have the VPN Client CD which came with the device. It contains Cisco VPN Client 3.6.0 and 4.0.1 for Windows. I need to know how to (simply) setup the PIX and use this VPN Client software, either the 3.6.4 or the 4.0.1, to connect.

I do not want an Auth server other than the PIX. I want to create user name and password ON the PIX. The instructions I have found on Cisco'sr site are of little help. I find no documentation on this client software? all I see is ?Easy VPN Client? Is this the same thing? All of the PIX side docs I can find talk about having a separate AAA auth server. Can I just create the user names in the PIX?

Thanks!

Matt

Reply to
askmeforit
Loading thread data ...

You should upgrade to at least 6.3(4) for security fixes.

I suggest loading down newer versions from Cisco.

crypto ipsec TRANSFORMSET esp-3des esp-sha-hmac crypto dynamic-map vpnclient-dyn-map 1001 set transform-set TRANSFORMSET

aaa-server LOCAL protocol local

crypto map vpn-map ipsec-isakmp dynamic vpnclient-dyn-map crypto map vpn-map client authentication LOCAL

username roberson password 29afaf53d1 encypted privilege 1

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Sorry, token accidently deleted there.

crypto map vpn-map 65535 ipsec-isakmp dynamic vpnclient-dyn-map

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thanks..

Been trying to find updates the the pix and the new client software, but to no avail. Cisco's site is a maze.. a dark, dank, smelly maze! :o)

Thanks for the vpn config, will give it a try!

Matt

Reply to
askmeforit

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.