service port commands reference

using the Cisco 831 router ...

Looking for a good router service port commands reference guide. Web site, Cisco manual, ...

thanks,

-Steve

Reply to
Steve Richter
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

The manuals are generally structured as general operating system manuals and not for a specific model.

Do a show version Cisco IOS Software, C837 Software (C837-K9O3Y6-M), Version 12.3(8)T3

The version is 12.3(8)T3

12.3 Main version (8) This release. Bug fixes, and in T train new Features too. T Technology train (extra features, may be less robust) 3 Three screw ups [blank], 1, 2 have been superceeded.

See IOS Roadmap. The Cisco search is OK now.

You may need to refer to the 12.3 Mainline docs and the 12.3 T docs too.

There is a Command Reference and a Configuration guide.

Start with the Configuration Guides, the command references are not too often needed these days.

It is a bit of a nightmare since there are so many features but once you get going it is usually pretty good unless you are doing complex stuff.

12.3 Mainline document pages
formatting link

12.3 T command reference.

formatting link
The 12.3(8)T release notes will have any changes for (8).

formatting link
help you to find the Confguration guides.

Reply to
anybody43

thanks for the help.

I must say, programming web sites is cake compared to attempting to work with a router! I called cisco and they say they want $200 before they will talk to me.

-Steve

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link
May help you to find the Confguration guides.

Reply to
Steve Richter

In article , Steve Richter wrote: :I must say, programming web sites is cake compared to attempting to :work with a router! I called cisco and they say they want $200 before :they will talk to me.

CON-SNT-CISCO831K -- 8 x 5 x next business day support for a Cisco 831 router... about $US75. Includes phone support, electronic case support, access to the cisco documents, access to download new releases.

Note: if it's a used router then unless you took special care when you bought it, you would have to go through some hoops and extra cost to get it registered. The software license isn't normally transferable. Also, if your current software version is not the current major release, you only gain entitlement to load further updates within the same major release.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.