Cisco 831 Wan Port

Hello Is the "Wan Port" of the C831 autosensing for duplex-operation, and is it forced to 10mbit ?

Thank you

Reply to
Elia Spadoni
Loading thread data ...

AFAIK the 8312 WAN port is 10 MBPS port only - i.e it is not 1 10/ 100 MBPS port

formatting link

Are you having some type of problem ?

Do you have a console cable connected to the console port so that you can access router ?

If so post the output of the following commands:

show version

sho interface

Reply to
Merv

Hello I haven't any problems yet :) I just want to know if I can use that in an unmanaged switch enveroniment avoding duplex-mismatch

for example some ETH interfaces of cisco 2600 and 1700 are not auto.duplex

the most important thing for me is that the 831 is MANAGEABLE (duplex operating mode)

If with a 12.4 it is exactly as the 837 (wich I have) I am not going to face any problems.

Reply to
Elia Spadoni

IIRC the 831 does support duplex auto

Reply to
Merv

Perfect

because I may need to set the duplex on the eth port of the C831. I have a C837 with 12.4 IOS and I can set the duplex mode of every port. I think that the 831 can do the same.

Anyone here has a 831 so can confirm that?

Reply to
Elia Spadoni

Elia Spadoni schrieb:

You can set duplex on every Port of a 831 You can set speed 10/100 only on FastEthernet0-3 ports The WAN Port (Ethernet1) is a 10MBit/s only

For a connection of Ethernet1 with an unmanaged switch auto usually negotiates half-duplex with 10MBit/s. 10MBit/s and full-duplex is very uncommon and only works in very few combinations.

Reply to
Uli Link

"Uli Link" ha scritto nel messaggio news:47e6a9b4$0$627$ snipped-for-privacy@newsspool1.arcor-online.net...

Well, the link in eth1 is not duplex-manageable? Can i set "duplex auto" ? If the switch is 10/100 and supports autosensing, it will negotiate 10 full.

I always use 10 full on my Cisco 261x in a managed switch, when both the router and the switch port is set to full duplex.

Reply to
Elia Spadoni

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.