Select equipment help need.

We have a stack of three WS-C3750-48TS-S with GLC-LH-SM= in it. We must connect WS-C2960G-48TC-L to this port(s). The question is to get a code for all equipment items to make this connection. Any help is appreciated.

Serhiy.

P.S. Sorry for my English ;-)

Reply to
serhiy.dmytrenko
Loading thread data ...

What version of IOS is currently loaded on the

a) WS-C3750-48TS-S

b) WS-C2960G-48TC-L

What model of SFP is installed in WS-C2960G-48TC-L

Reply to
Merv

As far as I remember, it's something like 12.2...

It's not ordered yet.

That is what I want to know: 1) model of SFP for WS-C2960G-48TC-L and 2) model of cable to connect'em

Thank you.

Serhiy.

Reply to
serge1961

three WS-C3750-48TS-S with GLC-LH-SM= in it. We

How afar apart will these switches be located ?

Are you using single-mode fiber to connect ?

Reply to
Merv

ck of three WS-C3750-48TS-S with GLC-LH-SM=3D in it. =A0We

=A0 and 2) model of cable to

In a neighbouring racks (have two racks only).

Not shure about it, but I can provide you with parts numbers for SFP and Fibers used to connect another links: SFP Prod.# GLC-LH-SM=3D, P/N: 30-1299-01, CLEI P/N: CN8ID42AAA FO Patch 2xLC-2xFC 9um, UPC 3m, P/N: R126121

Thank you.

Serhiy.

Reply to
serge1961

of three WS-C3750-48TS-S with GLC-LH-SM= in it. We

my understanding is that the WS-C2960G-48TC-L has 2 dual-purpose ports ( for uplinks) i.e. two RJ45 ports that are "paired" with two SFP ports - only one of the two-paried ports can be used at a time.

so you should be able to copper cable the 2960G (CAT5E or better cabling) which would mean you would get two copper SFP's for the

3750's if you want to have two links between the 2960 and the 3750

if you want to use fiber then you would use short-haul (SX) SFP's - multimode would suffice for 1GE link

If you have a Cisco SE discuss with him/her or distributor SE

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.