Securing 1 VLAN with Cisco ASA 5520?

How do I route (filter) from 1 vlan to another using my ASA5520?

Both vlans are reached via same internal interface.

any help appreciated!

Reply to
Nicolai
Loading thread data ...

Noone?!

Reply to
Nicolai

You only allowed 23 hours. and the ASA 5500 series does not often get discussed here.

As the ASA 5500 and PIX 7.0 run the same underlying software, the answer is likely the same as what you would do on PIX 7.0:

Declare the two VLANs as logical interfaces off of the physical interface. Give the two logical interfaces different IP address ranges and different security levels. Create appropriate access lists and statics or nat to allow the flows that you want with the IPs that you want. Use 'access-group' to apply the access lists to the appropriate interfaces. You will not need explicit routing because the ASA software should automatically add routes for all "connected" interfaces.

If you want the flow between the two vlans to be wide open with no filtering at all, then I am not sure if that can be done or not. Possibly by declaring the two vlans to have the same security level and giving an appropriate 'sysopt' command. That facility appeared in PIX 7.0 software, which I have not had an opportunity to study.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Noted :)

Everthing noted - wll try next week at work. Thanx alot.

Reply to
Nicolai

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.