Blueyonder modem connection

Hi there,

yesterday I had Blueyonder cable installed with a Motorola SD 50150i modem. I successfully loaded the ISP software on my laptop and got the internet connection running.

I also want to connect my PC so I bought a Netgear wireless router and USB card so that I could connct my PC as it is too far from cable socket to connect by wires.

Tried setting up router on the PC which was ok until it wanted an internet connection which I obviusly don't have yet, so decided to connect PC direct to modem first.

Connected PC to modem and tried to run BY software but although my network can see internet connection I cannot connect - am sending data but not receiving. Checking BY helpsite suggested that IP address was problem - followed their instructions ( cmd, ipconfig/release) on laptop then tried to install again on PC.

No joy! ..and after many hours of grief decided to go back to laptop so I at least had one internet connection

Now can't get it to connect either - tried cmd, ipconfig/renew but error is:- an error occured while renewing interface local area connection:unable to contact your DHCP server. Request timed out.

release/renew command on PC generates error:-the operation failed as no adaptor is in the state permissable for this operation.

Can anyone help please?

Reply to
lil5100
Loading thread data ...

You need to do an 'ipconfig /release' on the currently connected PC the power-off the cable modem and leave it off for a while. After five minutes (usually) plug the router into the CM then power-on the CM only and let it get a firm connection. When the CM has all green light power-on your router and let it go through the startup tests, when that's done plug in (use a wired connection) and power-on a PC and go through the router setup. That should do it.

It's been discussed many times at www[dot]cm-forums[dot]co[dot]uk - have a search around there and if you have any problems post on the forum.

Regards

Bill

Reply to
phoenix

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response.

Had alredy tried the ipconfig/release/renew but kept getting error messages. Since I posted the problem I have uninstalled all BYstuff, disconnected everything, and reset all the hardware - and I now have a fully functioning wireless network with all three computers connected!

Thanks for responding

Lillian

phoenix wrote:

Reply to
lil5100 via HWKB.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.