Route voip traffic to different interface

I currently have a 3620 router (but can upgrade if need be). Currently it is setup with a basic lan/wan connections with static routing. What I need to do is add in another interface card (no biggie) and setup so that all VOIP traffic and ONLY voip traffic go thru this interface. I know it is an odd thing to do, but there is a reason on the want side for this need. I've looked at policy based routing but have not seen how to determine SIP traffic. I also looked at NBAR but could not see a way to route, only do QOS. If there is a way to set this up I would appreciate the help.

Karl

Reply to
kraulerson
Loading thread data ...

Karl,

Do you have your VoIP network IP addresses mixed with a regular data traffic? If you do, then it's not so good design. If you don't, then just create a static routing to VoIP subnet through a new interface, while route data subnet through old interface.

If you have it mixed and want to keep it that way, then you must use PBR (Policy Based Routing). You create an access-list with VoIP traffic (SIP is TCP 5060, RTP is UDP >16386, etc.), and set "next interface" for this policy to a new interface. The only concern is the delay. PBR brings a little delay into the processing, so, depending on your "delay budget" it may get out of wack...

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.