reset router to factory defaults w/o reboot

I can not remember but seems that there was some command that would default specific section in a config, like interfaces, etc....

Reply to
MC
Loading thread data ...

Is there a way to reset a Cisco router to factory defaults (aka erase start, reload) w/o the need to reboot? (like PIX/ASA do with 'clear configure all'.)

Reply to
Thomas Pani

Not that I am aware of except that you could clearly reset all of the configuration elements back to their factory state.

On the other hand I can find no reason to need that facility other than to save the time to reboot.

Reply to
Bod43

nope. the only option that i can think of would be to "default interface" under each interface - you'd still need to clear out the global stuff though.

Reply to
itstime

Reply to
Mike Jones

That will only merge the 2 configs, not over write the current running. No way I know of to do it shy of completely mirroring the config, ie no ip route x.x.x.x or the simple wr erase and reload. You can do the interfaces pretty easy, "default interface ".

Reply to
Brian V

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.