cisco340 reset to factory defaults

I have a cisco 340 access point that will not respond to the reset button on the back. Do these buttons actually work or are they just a leftover from an earlier chassis? Is there some special way to reset using this button? My 340AP is in a right mess and I need to reset it. When I start the CLI in hyperterminal I get:

System ID: 004096329D29 Motherboard: MPC860 50MHz, 2048KB FLASH, 16384KB DRAM, Revision 21 Bootstrap Ver. 1.01: FLASH, CRC AB31F5C0 (OK) Initialization: Improper Motherboard Config so I click l for l -- downLoad file into DRAM and then I get l Using Xmodem (type to cancel) CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC. how long is this ccc thing supposed to go on for?

is there any other way to get this AP back to factory defaults? thanks for any help.

Reply to
tg
Loading thread data ...

The C's are supposed to go on till the download is done.

It would go faster if the console were set to 115200 bps rather than 9600.

See

formatting link
Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

formatting link

ok thanks Aaron. During this strange 'CCCC...' behaviour where is the Cisco actually downloading from? Does it have it's own backup somewhere inside the AP? How long does this process normally take - mine has been going for over an hour and it just keeps generating endless C's. Again thanks for your advice.

Reply to
tg

it's okay now Aaron I've done it at last. finally got this AP to reset and now it's working.

Reply to
tg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.