- 2 x 2621

- 2 x 2620

- 1 x 2620 and 1 x 2621

Thanks for your advice.

ZP

Reply to
Zoong Pham
Loading thread data ...

Depends on if you want to just play over ethernet or setup back-to-back serial connections (ie with WIC-1Ts and the DCE-DTE cabling, or back-to-back WIC-1DSU-T1s) to practice your dynamic routing setups. You should probably have at least one serial interface to be familure with it though. Ethernet gets to be a bit easier for doing more though, and you can also do things like testing IP FW easier.

I'd look for two 2621XMs or 2611XMs (ie. two FE ethernet, and the XM gives more memory for running more current images) rather than the

2620 or 2621. The XM boxes run current code, and are still FE on both the 2611XM and 2621XM. The 2620's are already falling off the release schedule for code.

But for the price that they charge on eBay for them, I'd still buy two factory refurb 2801's for $1069 each. You get a legit license to use them, they are the most current boxes. They run the latest code, they have cheap memory/flash upgrades.

You do have to get the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 cards for them (the older non-V2 cards will NOT work in these boxes), but the gray-market versions of those are getting pretty cheap too on eBay.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Zoong Pham skrev:

Or you could try this out for free :)

Provided you have access to 7200 ios binaries.

formatting link
(check out "my technical blog" for current version)

-SAto

Reply to
SAto

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.