Best way to Bond 2 PTP T1's on 2600/2800 router

Hello all, I'm looking for info on the best way to bond two Point-to-Point T1's on a 2600 and 2800 router. I have 2650XM's and 2801's available to do this with.

I've been told that MultiLink PPP would be the best way to do this, is this correct?

I need to purchase the interface cards, and I'm not sure what the best option is. Should I use 2 WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 or a single VWIC-2MFT-T1 in each router? Does it really matter for this purpose?

Additionally, I am going to be passing SIP traffic across this bonded link so I need to be able to honor QoS taggings.

Reply to
ESM
Loading thread data ...

Yup Multilink PPP is the most straightforward solution IMO.

I don't think it matters whether you use 2 WIC-1s or 1 WIC2 technically; it comes down to which solution is cheaper and which WIC your router supports. If that's all a wash then the VWIC seems to have the edge giving you more room for later expansion if necessary.

When you create the PPP multilink you will be creating a virtual interface (multilink n) to which you can apply QOS to your heart's content =)

Good luck Jason

ESM wrote:

Reply to
jseemann

use MLPPP

also see Cisco doc

VoIP over PPP Links with Quality of Service (LLQ / IP RTP Priority, LFI, cRTP)

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.