Wirelessly bridging two networks via a relay point

We need to bridge two networks that are 800m apart. There is no Line of Sight but there is a point that is visible from the two locations that can be used as a relay point. What kind of solution would you propose for this scenario?

I think that at the relay point there should be 2 bridges connected with a crossover cable, each with an antenna pointing towards the remote locations and there should also be a bridge and antenna at each location working in bridge mode. Is this OK or am I missing something? Thanx in advance!

Reply to
Morph
Loading thread data ...

you can use 3 cisco wirelesss APs for this. I have this configurued at home where cable lines come where the TV is (living room) and then my PC in the bedroom is wired into anohter AP that is brided to the rootap in the living room. (I do this instead of buying a wireless card for pc for wake-on-lan purposes in case anyone is wondering)

you can make the relay AP the rootap and each AP on either end a bridgeAP. Cisco site has excellent documentation but if you want I'll post my configs.

Reply to
news8080

| On Oct 16, 10:53 am, Morph wrote: | > We need to bridge two networks that are 800m apart. There is no Line of | > Sight but there is a point that is visible from the two locations that | > can be used as a relay point. | > What kind of solution would you propose for this scenario? | >

| > I think that at the relay point there should be 2 bridges connected with | > a crossover cable, each with an antenna pointing towards the remote | > locations and there should also be a bridge and antenna at each location | > working in bridge mode. Is this OK or am I missing something? | > Thanx in advance! | | you can use 3 cisco wirelesss APs for this. I have this configurued at | home where cable lines come where the TV is (living room) and then my | PC in the bedroom is wired into anohter AP that is brided to the | rootap in the living room. (I do this instead of buying a wireless | card for pc for wake-on-lan purposes in case anyone is wondering) | | you can make the relay AP the rootap and each AP on either end a | bridgeAP. Cisco site has excellent documentation but if you want I'll | post my configs.

If we use 3 APs then for the one in the middle we should use Omni antena. Will this be OK for a distance od 400m till the end points?

If it's not a problem please post your config. Thank you for your time.

Reply to
Morph

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.