redirect dns on ASA 5505 to my ISP

Hi,

I have a LAN with static configured IP telephones. All the telephones are configured in this way: IP: 192.168.2.101 (to 110) GW: 192.168.2.1 DNS 192.168.2.1

At the moment I cannot change the DNS (and other ting on the telephones).

The old firewall (a linksys) have IP: 192.168.2.1 and is the gateway to the Internet. All computers receive an IP from the dhcp server (Linksys

192.168.2.1) and two DNS IP?s from my ISP.

All telephones uses 192.168.2.1 as the DNS and it works because it redirects to the ISP DNS.

Now I want to use a Cisco ASA 5505 instead of the Linksys. But it does not redirect DNS requests to my ISP like the old one. How can I configure that?

Best regards Martin

Reply to
Martion
Loading thread data ...

static (outside,inside) udp 192.168.2.1 53 dns 53 static (outside,inside) tcp 192.168.2.1 53 dns 53

Yes. Static and nat are not limited by the security-level direction anymore.

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

I get a wrong hostname regarding "dns" in this command...

Best regards Martin

Reply to
Martin

Of course. Please read the documentation of this command, then you will know how to transform newsgroups examples into real world configurations.

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

Replace keyword "dns" with ISP dns ip address.

Wieslaw

Reply to
Wwieslaw

Hi Wieslaw,

Thank you for your aswnser.

But still when using the ASA's IP as DNS on the clients, they can not resolve names to ip's.

I do not have any outgoing access-lists but do I need to configure something else?

Best regards Martin

Reply to
Martion

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.