Re: Aironet 350 already IOS - Want to apply latest update

The prompt is AP:

therfore, can't enter any commands. 350 doesn't prompt for entry level pw.

Thx

BTW - It was HTTP file xfer size limit exceeded

gg

Let's say you have the complete download.tar file on a computer > somewhere and that computer has a TFTP server running (if you're > running Windows, I'd recommend Solarwinds.) > > So telnet into the AP and from the ap# prompt, enter: > > ap#archive download-sw /force-reload /overwrite > tftp://a.b.c.d/download.tar > > If you can't get the full .tar file downloaded, I'm not sure > why not; I've done this from numerous times from various > browsers. > > Aaron > > --- > > > > ~ Nope - > ~ it's an IOS box - so the upgrade is done from the system doftware > button, > ~ then browse then upgrade. I'm not aware of an archive command. can you > ~ help? > ~ > googy wrote: > ~ >> More error msg info: "Document contains no data" > ~ >> > ~ >> Thx - Still no work-y > ~ >> > ~ >> > ~ >>>After 30 seconds, update gets canceled. > ~ >>> > ~ >>>Does the .tar filename have to be something specific? Cisco download > ~ >>>site named the file "download.tar" - but update gets canceled using > that > ~ >>>file. Renamed it to the file name displayed on cisco website > ~ >>>(c350-k9w7-mx.123-2.JA2) - Seems like it should have a ".tar" > extension, > ~ >>>no? > ~ >>> > ~ >>>Thought it was a browser pop-up blocker problem, cuz there is the > pop-up > ~ >>>which gives the real time status, so now using new install of Mozilla > as > ~ >>>browser (only to do upgrade) to avoid any blockers - still same > result - > ~ >>>Upgrade canceled. > ~ >>> > ~ >>>Any ideas? Many thanks > ~ >>> > ~ >>>GG > ~ >>> > ~ >>> > ~ >> > ~ >> > ~ >> > ~ > Are you using the "archive" command to install it? > ~ > > ~ >
Reply to
googy
Loading thread data ...

googy schrieb:

Not true, it's the prompt of the IOS bootloader. You can download the image via the console cable/xmodem (slooooowwwww!) or via tftp.

No click'n'fun GUI, but it works.

Some have written here that the upgrade exceeds the size limit, so it

*cannot* be done via the browser. So STFG and RTFM. It's a Cisco device, not a Netgear.
Reply to
Uli Link

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.