RDP over VPN

Hi,

I have a Cisco ASA at the edge of my network that does PAT on the outside interface and is the VPN endpoint. I have a user who is remote who is VPNing in and having issues on her PC. I would like to RDP into her windows xp and take a look, however it is failing. She is connected to the VPN and I can see her VPN IP in my DNS on my windows 2003 server. Her laptop is set to allow RDP from administrators of our domain and my active directory username specifically. It is not allowing me to RDP in.

Any ideas why? Could it be that PAT is translating my address to the outside interface and then getting confused at where to route the request? How can this be changed?

Thanks.

Reply to
KDawg44
Loading thread data ...

Also, I am able to RDP IN when I am connected to the VPN at home without any trouble....

Thanks.

Reply to
KDawg44

maybe an MTU issu...

Have you tried to lower the MTU on the client side . If you use the Cisco VPN client , there is a "Set MTU" option in the Cisco System VPN Client program menu. Try at 1300 , if it resolve the problem then increment the value until it stops working.

Reply to
mcaissie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.