RDP fails on IPSec Tunnel

Hi,

I have a problem with rdp. I have two Cisco 17xx router making a ipsec Tunnel. One ist using a dsl with pppoe.

When I try to connect from my laptop to rdp server behind the Router having dsl/pppoe with portforwarding all goes well. When I try to do the same when I'm behind the second router over the ipsec tunnel. I didn't get a Connection.

Windows Shares work well. Ping also. I read a lot of postings having the same problem. I decreased the mtu size down to 1100 on the server and the client. The dsl mtu ist set to

I'm stuck with that problem. Maybe someone can help me out.

So long Alexander

Reply to
Alexander Grümmer
Loading thread data ...

Similar to the way RPC times out over slow links, and thus requires a RPC over HTTP proxy running IIS... So does RDP. Running RDP over HTTP should fix you up nicely. The RDP Proxy is available with RDP 6.

In case you want to continue working with the MTU thing, check out this article on M$. (MTU black hole detection)

formatting link

Reply to
QoS

Just had another thought.. RDP can be configured to use TLS security. I dont think it is a great idea to be pushing TLS encrypted data through another PKI based encryption mechanism. Perhaps try this connection with TLS security turned off for RDP.

Reply to
QoS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.