Qos / TOS Confguration

Hi guys and girls!

I wish to prioritise VOIP traffic generated from our internal network and directed out our ADSL 256/512Kb line.

I got a shock last night when I applied the following QoS config to our company router. ALL the interfaces went "administratively down" when I applied the policy to the interface!! (using the service-policy command on interface Dialer2)

Would someone mind suggesting what fatal error I am making?! ;-)

Note that when VOIP traffic is not queued, I wish to utilise the full capacity of the ADSL line, rather than have 56Kb of bandwidth reserved purely for VOIP.

Your comments are much appreciated. See config below.

Best wishes Paul

class-map match-all voip-internal description internally generated voip traffic match access-group name tos-voip-internal

policy-map voip-outgoing class voip-internal priority 56

ip access-list extended tos-voip-internal permit udp 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 any tos 5 permit udp 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 any tos min-delay

interface Dialer2 description adsl_to_internet bandwidth 512 ip address negotiated ip access-group AdslInternetFacingInbound2 in ip access-group AdslInternetFacingOutbound out no ip redirects no ip unreachables no ip proxy-arp ip nat outside ip inspect AllProtocols out encapsulation ppp no ip route-cache no ip mroute-cache dialer pool 2 dialer-group 3 ntp disable no cdp enable ppp authentication pap chap callin ppp chap hostname ppp chap password 7

service-policy output voip-outgoing

Reply to
Paul D
Loading thread data ...

Has anyone got any ideas about this, please?

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul D

Reply to
shiranp3

Why are you using process switching 'no ip route-cache'? This is likely not doing you any good if this is your only path to the internet. It is however likely eating up router processor time. Thats my two cents anyway.

Reply to
jdsal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.