Disconnect and reconnect ADSL on C827

Hi,

I wonder what's the best way to disconect, then reconnect to ISP on Cisco 827. My ISP disconnects me after 24h uptime, then the cisco auto-reconnects me and it's fine. But I rather prefer to force the disconnect at a precise hour (6h00 while everybody sleeps) in order to avoid the 24h disconnect during day work.

I could have reboot the modem one time at 6 oc', then let the reconnect happens every day at this hour, but if for some reason there is a disco or power cut in the day, the next disco will happen in the day 24h after...

I actually use a telnet script (runs in "at" command from a W2k) that connects to the router, send login then send a "clear interface dialer1" and exits.

---------------------- LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Virtual-Access2, changed state to down DIALER-6-UNBIND: Interface Vi2 unbound from profile Di1 LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Virtual-Access2, changed state to up DIALER-6-BIND: Interface Vi2 bound to profile Di1 LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Virtual-Access2, changed state to down LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Virtual-Access2, changed state to up

-------------

This do the job, the connection stops and the cisco reconnects immediatly within 10s, but is there a more clean way to to that ?

Reply to
Alni
Loading thread data ...

I beleive that some more recent IOS has a "cron" facility which allows scheduled jobs to be run.

Reply to
anybody43

Bonjour,

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com a exprimé avec précision :

Yes, maybe, I'm not at this point :) But which command should I put in the cron ?

Reply to
Alni

Bonjour,

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com avait prétendu :

Ok I've found the "kron" command tested it and configureed like that

------------------- kron occurrence Reconnect at 06:55 recurring policy-list Reconnect ! kron policy-list Reconnect cli clear interface dialer1

----------------------- Verified #sh kron sch Kron Occurrence Schedule Reconnect inactive, will run again in 0 days 13:05:08 at 6 :55 on

But, is the "clear interface dialer1" the best way to do this the cnx is PPPoA - ADSL

Reply to
Alni

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.