QOS per vlan - need advice

Hi,

I have to branch offices are going to implement VOIP and they connected to a unmanged MPLS network. Assume each office has a 10M bandwidth, they use Cisco 2821 as edge router, they have a data (vlan2) & voice (vlan 5) network running on same lan. They like to enable QOS on the edge router, which limit 6M for data and 4M for voice. Can any one give me some hints how to implement this ?

I assume it needs to create a sub interface for each vlan and under each sub-interface, define the policy. is it correct ? A sample config will be helpful.

Thanks....

Reply to
yellow
Loading thread data ...

The AutoQoS - VoIP feature allows you to automate the delivery of quality of service (QoS) on your network and provides a means for simplifying the implementation and provisioning of QoS for Voice over IP (VoIP) traffic.

formatting link
AutoQoS for the Enterprise feature automates the deployment of quality of service (QoS) policies in a general business environment, particularly for midsize companies and branch offices of larger companies.

formatting link
Please note that AutoQoS generated configurations are modifiable to suit your specific needs.

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.