problems connecting a Cisco 3550 switch to a Nortel BPS2000

Hello,

I've connected a Cisco 3550 switch to an Nortel BSP2000 via a copper

100Mb connection to each other. The connection are on both (layer 2) ends up but there is not any IP communication between both switches possible. I don't have any experience on the Nortel BPS 2000. The interface on the Cisco switch is configured as a normal access port 100Mb/full. I've done a lot of things to solve the problem. I hope someone can help me to fix this problem.

Thanks, Bas.

Reply to
bas.bruggeman
Loading thread data ...

You've probably already tried this, but since we don't -know- that you've tried it:

switch the ports on both side to autonegotiate and see if you can get a link.

How are you testing for ip communications? If you are trying to ping the BPS 2000 switch itself, then you just might be running across a configuration in which the port you are trying to communicate over is not in the BPS 2000 "management VLAN".

I believe the BPS 2000 offers a method of uploading the configuration file as text to a tftp server; if so then if you are still stuck, you could post that and the 3550 configuration (with any sensitive information obscured -- but not so much that we can't distinguish which subnet or IP address is the same as which other.)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

make sure the 3550 port facing the bps is not in auto desirable- set it to access mode for that vlan

Reply to
jw

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.