Can't connect with PuTTY to BCM50

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a BCM50 using PuTTY.

1 I provide the IP address 2 Putty connects 3 Putty pops up a warning about the identity 4 I accept the certificate 5 BCM presents a prompt login as: 6 I reply with a valid admin userid 7 Putty ends with "No supported authentication methods left to try!" and finishes

What else do I have to do to get it to work?

Help! Bob

Reply to
bobbychorlton
Loading thread data ...

I have fought this battle with Nortel tech support on three different products, the BPS 2000, the ERS 5500, and the ERS 8600. We use SecureCRT mostly, but it was broken with SSH on several revisions of BPS and 5500 code. The SecureCRT issue was fixed by VanDyke's update to SecureCRT 4.1 and Nortel's update to 3.1.5 on the BPS and 4.1 on the

5500. While SecureCRT was broken on the 5500 and BPS, we switched over to Putty 0.58. Once the problem as completely resolved with our BPS and 5500s, we upgraded our 8600s to 3.7.7. Now Putty 0.58 is broken in the manor that you described below with the 8600s, but SecureCRT continues to work. Nortel is implementing the fix for Putty 0.58 in 4.1 code for the 8600, which will probably be released sometime in 2006.

This is a mess.... I would recommend opening a case. In both instances, this as resulted in a CR and a promised fix.

-mike

bobbychorlt> Hi,

Reply to
Michael Roberts

Hi Bob,

I have talked to Nortel support on this subject. There is no SSH CLI on the BCM 50.

This interface is used internally for BCM applications (file transfers I guess) only.

Reply to
happywithvoip

I also believe that it can be used by Nortel support to diagnose issues on the BCM.

Cheers

Reply to
happywithvoip

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.