Can I have 2 IP addresses on our internal interface on our cisco pix firewall

We have to change our internal ip addressing scheme, and I was wondering if someone can tell me if I can have 2 ip addresses on our internal interface on our cisco pix firewall.

What we have in mind is to bind 2 ip addresses to all of our servers nic's, and then also have 2 ip addresses on our pix firewall and eventually get rid of all our old addresses and just have the new scheme. If anyone has had to ever change there internal ip addressin scheme and have any insight on the best way to accomplish this I would love to hear your ideas.

Thanks for you help.

Reply to
bgamblin
Loading thread data ...

In article , wrote: :We have to change our internal ip addressing scheme, and I was :wondering if someone can tell me if I can have 2 ip addresses on our :internal interface on our cisco pix firewall.

More No then Yes.

:What we have in mind is to bind 2 ip addresses to all of our servers :nic's, and then also have 2 ip addresses on our pix firewall and :eventually get rid of all our old addresses and just have the new :scheme. If anyone has had to ever change there internal ip addressin :scheme and have any insight on the best way to accomplish this I would :love to hear your ideas.

Please refer to my posting of a couple of weeks ago,

formatting link
To which I would add: it's easier if you have LAN router to route between the two IP spaces as long as you are in transition.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.