Problem compiling VPN client under Fedora Core 6

I have the install archive for the Cisco VPN client (vpnclient-linux- x86_64-4.8.00.0490-k9), but when I try to install it, it barfs. I took the defaults as follows:

• Binaries will be installed in "/usr/local/bin".
  • Modules will be installed in "/lib/modules/2.6.22.9-61.fc6/CiscoVPN".
  • The VPN service will be started AUTOMATICALLY at boot time.
  • Kernel source from "/lib/modules/2.6.22.9-61.fc6/build" will be used to build the module.

Here's the output: Making module make -C /lib/modules/2.6.22.9-61.fc6/build SUBDIRS=/home/john/vpnclient modules make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.22.9-61.fc6-i686'   CC [M]  /home/john/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.o /home/john/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.c:12:26: error: linux/config.h: No such file or directory /home/john/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.c: In function ?CniInjectReceive?: /home/john/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.c:297: warning: implicit declaration of function ?skb_set_timestamp? /home/john/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.c:331: error: ?struct sk_buff? has no member named ?nh? /home/john/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.c:332: error: ?struct sk_buff? has no member named ?mac? /home/john/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.c: In function ?CniInjectSend?: /home/john/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.c:454: error: ?struct sk_buff? has no member named ?mac? /home/john/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.c:455: error: ?struct sk_buff? has no member named ?nh? /home/john/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.c:458: error: ?struct sk_buff? has no member named ?h? /home/john/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.c:458: error: ?struct sk_buff? has no member named ?nh? make[2]: *** [/home/john/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.o] Error 1 make[1]: *** [_module_/home/john/vpnclient] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.22.9-61.fc6-i686' make: *** [default] Error 2 Failed to make module "cisco_ipsec.ko".

Any ideas???

I will attempt to monitor this thread, but would not object to a direct email as well.         Thanks,         John

Reply to
John Aldrich
Loading thread data ...

See this page:

formatting link
Also, are you aware that FC6 is now EOL and will get no further updates?

F7 and F8 are the only Fedora versions that are actively supported.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz

Reply to
Marc Schwartz

Thanks, Marc. I fully intend to upgrade to Fedora 8, I just haven't had the opportunity yet. My wife is rather jealous of our time together and doesn't appreciate my spending a full day upgrading and getting everything working, not to mention the fact that this is a *personal* linux box and so I can't do it at work very well. :-)

Suffice to say I am aware that it is EOL and I *do* plan to upgrade. I appreciate the link to the updated client, though.

Reply to
John Aldrich

Had the same problems, and although there are solutions, I started using 'vpnc' -

formatting link
It's not FC-version dependent.

good luck.

Reply to
root

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.