Orinoco Gold Wireless instaling on Fedora Core 3

Hello,

I just put together a laptop with Fedora Core 3 and a Orinoco Classic Gold wireless card, when I boot I can go into the network settings and it is detected correctly but the question is how to configure it? I have read that I need to install additional, recompiling the kernel, configuring files that are not on the system.

I tried the Fedora Core + Kismet How-To Version 3.4 document but I don't have the same directories as is detailed in the doc. I have searched the forums and the sites but I haven't found much.

Does anyone know of a good document to step me through configuring the Orinoco card with Fedoa Core 3? I haven't worked on Linux in years so it is almost like starting over but I'd rather use Linux over Windows especially for wireless.

Thank you!

Tory

Reply to
Tory Brown
Loading thread data ...

Hi, On all wireless interfaces in Linux, you use 'ifconfig' to set the usual IP parameters, but you use 'iwconfig' to set SSID, WEP key, etc. 'iwconfig' is usually maintained in a separate RPM who's name escapes me right now...

good luck, Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.