Problem accessing web server

Hello

I have a PIX 515E with DMZ, Lan and Wan interfaces.

From my web server or any device in DMZ, I can access to
formatting link

but I cannot access to

formatting link
which is hosted by my web server.

Servers in DMZ can ping each other. Static NAT is enabled between DMZ and WAN. My Website can be reached by Internet Users.

I don't understand why from DMZ I cannot access to my web site which is also in DMZ.

If anyone has an idea.

Reply to
jp
Loading thread data ...

Hi

I agree... I think this is a DNS resolution issue. If the name resolves to the public IP address you may have trouble with the NATing fro inside the DMZ.

Why do you need to resolve the website address from inside the DMZ (Just curious)?

JT

Reply to
Marraboy

In article , jp wrote: :I have a PIX 515E with DMZ, Lan and Wan interfaces.

:From my web server or any device in DMZ, I can access to

formatting link
:but I cannot access to
formatting link
which is hosted by my web :server.

:Servers in DMZ can ping each other. :Static NAT is enabled between DMZ and WAN. :My Website can be reached by Internet Users.

:I don't understand why from DMZ I cannot access to my web site which is :also in DMZ.

Are you using split DNS or the PIX 'alias' command (deprecated), or the 'dns' keyword on your static translations?

When you look up the IP address of

formatting link
on your web server, do you get the public IP or the private IP as known on your DMZ?

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thanks a lot. I find a solution. I add some lines in the hosts file. There is a batch running on the server and trying to reach the websites. If there is no response, the batch reboots the server.

Reply to
jp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.