Protocol and bandwidth analyzer

With all the spam coming into our mail server, I was curious to find out how much bandwidth it is using. Our network services provider hooked into the Cisco switch and monitored the port where the internet router is connected. He used Network Instruments Observer Suite - It was pretty nice. We could see all traffic by IP address, host name, protocol type, etc. I like this as a troubleshooting tool, but I am sure I don't need all the functionality of the Observer suite. Any recommedations for a tool that will allow me to monitor all traffic on a port and break it down like I mentioned above? I would also like to be able to monitor more than one port on the switch at a time. Cheaper is better! Thanks.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris
Loading thread data ...

Hi Chris,

You may want to investigate the Freeware edition of PRTG Traffic Grapher:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:
formatting link
Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.