Cannot ping server in DMZ from inside

I have PIX 515E, 6.3(4) with three interfaces dmz, inside and outside.

I cannot ping server in dmz from inside, but I can do www, for example. I cannot find the cause for this problem, I would appreciate if anyone can help me.

nameif ethernet0 outside security0 nameif ethernet1 inside security100 nameif ethernet2 dmz security4

Reply to
Ivana
Loading thread data ...

Try adding the following lines: static (inside,dmz) 10.10.10.10 10.10.10.10 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0 static (dmz,inside) 173.17.2.2 173.17.2.2 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

Obviously, if you want other devices to be able to communicate accross these security contexts, you will need to make these lines a bit less restrictive.

Reply to
Brian

Not helping. I try to add line for ping from outside interface to dmz and it's working. Only from inside to dmz cannot ping, but logic for configuration is the same. I don't understand, could it be a bug in asoftware?

Reply to
Ivana

Not helping. I try to add line for ping from outside interface to dmz and it's working. Only from inside to dmz cannot ping, but logic for configuration is the same. I don't understand, could it be a bug in a software?

Reply to
Ivana

Hi Ivana,

avoid top quoting if possible, Anyway, can you access to syslog messages? What do they tell you trying to ping the server?

Alex.

Reply to
AM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.