PRI to VOIP point to point span requirement

Hi all...

I am planning a basic voip link and have a hardware question...I have searched and read the info from cisco on some similiar setup's..Here is what I am planning...

A pri to voip to pri span and looks like this..

Nortel Opt81PRI3640

Reply to
thatoneguy
Loading thread data ...

I've set a few of these types of connections up using the Cisco's. This will work very nice for you. You need multiflex trunk modules in both routers, as well as a pvdm(dsp) resource for each active voice channel ie for 24 channels you'll need 24 pvdm's. You'll need to set up one side to be the master clock source. You should also use that side to be the MCDN master for your PBX's. The Cisco's do what's called transparent common channel signalling (TCCS) you'll use this for your "D" channel. Once you have all of that set up you'll be able to setup CDP entries on the Meridians, and network, or share the voicemails. If all you have is 2 T1's between the sites you may want to consider a newer router than the 3640. The ISR 2801 is about the smallest of Cisco's new Integrated Services Routers (ISR) that has the density for your application.

that> Hi all...

Reply to
Rudy

Another solution is to use ITG cards in the Nortels. As long as you have the correct software version on the PBX's, ITG will probably be cheaper solution. If you have more than 2 locations, ITG is a great solution.

Scott

Reply to
thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.