PPPOE or PPPOA on an atm0 - 877?

Hi all,

delegating the first configuration to my colleagues and seeing the following:

Current configuration : 173 bytes ! interface ATM0 no ip address no atm ilmi-keepalive pvc 8/35 ubr 160 oam retry 5 5 1 dialer pool-member 1 protocol ppp dialer ! dsl operating-mode auto end

AND

Current configuration : 275 bytes ! interface Dialer0 ip address negotiated ip nat outside ip virtual-reassembly encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 ppp chap hostname XXXXXXXXXXXX ppp chap password 7 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx ppp pap sent-username XXXXXXXXXXXX password 7 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx end

I can not figure out which protrocol the router is using.

How can I know it? As the router as no good performances before working on MTU and mss I would like to understand if it's using PPPOE or PPPOA.

May any of you help me?

Thanks,

Alex

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

like to understand if it's using PPPOE or PPPOA.

This is I am pretty sure PPPoA.

The Dialer is the same in both cases.

PPPoE:

pvc 8/35 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1

R1#sh pppoe sess 1 client session

Uniq ID PPPoE RemMAC Port VT VA State SID LocMAC VA-st N/A 2602 0090.1a71.1b20 ATM0/0 Di1 Vi1 N/A 000f.f7f9.7a70 VC: 8/35 UP

PPPoA bridging: interface ATM0.1 point-to-point bridge-group 1 pvc 0/35 encapsulation aal5snap

N1#sh pppoe sess N1#

PPPoA routing: interface ATM0.1 point-to-point pvc 0/38 encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1

h#sh pppoe sess h#

These are clearly only particular examples

Reply to
anybody43

PPPoA.

PPPoE would require some different config lines, and you'd see config lines with pppoe in them.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.