Port limiting on a Cisco 3550

Hi, I'm trying to limit the total bandwidth on a port (essentially bandwidth limiting a customer) for both input and output. I've read various articles on how to do this correctly, though I don't seem to be able to get something that works effectively.

Thanks.

Here's parts of a relevant configuration that I think "should" work but doesn't appear to:

mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 24 32 46 48 56 mls qos min-reserve 5 170 mls qos min-reserve 6 85 mls qos min-reserve 7 51 mls qos min-reserve 8 34 mls qos ip routing

class-map match-all all-out match ip dscp default class-map match-all all-in match access-group 1 ! policy-map limit-out-5mb class all-out police 5242500 327656 exceed-action drop policy-map limit-in-5mb class all-in police 5242500 327656 exceed-action drop ! interface FastEthernet0/2 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk allowed vlan 87 switchport mode trunk speed 100 duplex full auto qos voip trust wrr-queue bandwidth 10 20 70 1 wrr-queue min-reserve 1 5 wrr-queue min-reserve 2 6 wrr-queue min-reserve 3 7 wrr-queue min-reserve 4 8 wrr-queue cos-map 1 0 1 wrr-queue cos-map 2 2 4 wrr-queue cos-map 3 3 6 7 wrr-queue cos-map 4 5 priority-queue out service-policy input limit-in-5mb service-policy output limit-out-5mb !

access-list 1 permit any

Reply to
jlamanna
Loading thread data ...

mls qos aggregate-policer 5M 5120000 80000 exceed-action drop

access-list 100 permit ip any any

mac access-list extended c_all_nonIP permit any any class-map match-all Got-all-nonIP match access-group name c_all_nonIP class-map match-all Got-all-IP match access-group 100

policy-map T5M class Got-all-IP trust dscp police aggregate 5M class Got-all-nonIP police aggregate 5M trust cos

interface fa0/1 service in T5M service out T5M

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

Does that work on a 3550? I don't think so, would be very relieved if it does though:-)

As far as I understand it you have to manipulate the input and output queues yourself with some low level commands. Horrible stuff.

Reply to
bod43

I can confirm 100% that it does since i took it from my 3550 template. why don't you try it!

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

That does not work. It cannot limit outbound traffic on the interface (if you try to apply the service-policy to 'output' you'll notice it does not take effect).

Reply to
James Lamanna

then apply it INBOUND on the other end of the link /uplink! duh.

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

The uplink serves multiple customers and I want to limit 1 customer on the switch, so limiting the uplink wouldn't make much sense.

Reply to
James Lamanna

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.