PIX501 setup issue from newbie

I have taken over a small network with a PIX501 restricted to 10 users. We now have 12 PCs connected to the 501 via our hub and I would like to configure it so that the 2 new machines have access to the internal network but not the internet.

I have not done anything like this before and really don't know where to start - is there a list of instructions (or just the basic steps) so that I know what I need to be doing. I have looked at the Device Manager (3.0) software but can't figure out how to do it.

Any help, even pointers to where I can get going on this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Will.

Reply to
InvisibleAirwave
Loading thread data ...

InvisibleAirwave schrieb:

well, if they don't have to go out through the pix you don't need to do anything on the pix. they don't even need a default gateway.

just make sure the shares/users/permissions/nameservice are set up correctly in your Lan.

their traffic will never reach Pix, it will all be handled by the hub.

Reply to
sillymartin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.