PIX Syslog

Hello all,

My issue is that I cannot seem to configure pix525/7.0(2) to send syslog to a remote host. To the best of my knowledge I have config it correcly:

logging enable logging host ISP 10.0.0.129

the pix always gives me this when I apply the logging host command: WARNING: interface ISP security level is 50.

Syslog logging: enabled Facility: 18 Timestamp logging: disabled Standby logging: disabled Deny Conn when Queue Full: disabled Console logging: disabled Monitor logging: disabled Buffer logging: disabled Trap logging: disabled History logging: disabled Device ID: disabled Mail logging: disabled ASDM logging: disabled

but I cannot find out what this means exactly. I feel that this could possibly be the source of my problem, however I cannot find anything definitive on the web about it. I have used tethereal on my syslog host in order to verify that syslog messages are reaching the system, they are not. I get messages from other hosts, but not the pix.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks JC

Reply to
JC
Loading thread data ...

Looks like the missing config statement is:

logging trap

a show logging will then look something like:

Syslog logging: enabled Facility: 20 Timestamp logging: enabled Standby logging: disabled Deny Conn when Queue Full: disabled Console logging: disabled Monitor logging: disabled Buffer logging: level critical, 201933586 messages logged Trap logging: level debugging, facility 20, 3390386233 messages logged Logging to inside syscollector errors: 0 dropped: 0 History logging: disabled Device ID: disabled Mail logging: disabled ASDM logging: disabled

------------------------------------ Scott Pilk> Hello all,

Reply to
scottpdotnet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.