Logging link down

Why would I get the following output from a show log? Syslog logging: enabled (1 messages dropped, 87 messages rate-limited, 0 flushes, 0 overruns, xml disabled, filtering disabled) Console logging: disabled Monitor logging: level debugging, 0 messages logged, xml disabled, filtering disabled Buffer logging: level debugging, 1 messages logged, xml disabled, filtering disabled Logging Exception size (4096 bytes) Count and timestamp logging messages: disabled

No active filter modules.

Trap logging: level debugging, 1883 message lines logged Logging to 10.0.0.2(global) (udp port 514, audit disabled, link down), 0 message lines logged, xml disabled, filtering disabled

Log Buffer (16384 bytes):

I assume the "link down" is the reason my syslog server is not receiving logs from my router (1811). If not, what am I doing wrong here?

Reply to
bthetford
Loading thread data ...

Strike that. After I logged out of the session, it started logging. Upon logging back in, the link state is now reported as up. Odd, since I was using that particular interface to access it in the first place, so I KNOW it wasn't down.

Reply to
bthetford

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.