Want PIX to log messages 305001 though 305004, says not found?

I have the following setup:

logging on logging timestamp logging trap warnings logging host inside

I would like to be able to also log messages 305001 though 305004 (see below for details of the messages) even though they are at level 6 (informational)

When I enter pix(config)# logging message 305002 I get: syslog 305002 not found

So how do I get it to log jsut those Messages?

Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend
Loading thread data ...

In article , Scott Townsend wrote: :logging trap warnings

:I would like to be able to also log messages 305001 though 305004 (see below :for details of the messages) even though they are at level 6 (informational)

:When I enter : pix(config)# logging message 305002 :I get: : syslog 305002 not found

Those messages are obsolete. They were last seen in PIX 6.1.

Note that using 'logging message' in the form you are using will not cause messages to be emitted at a 'logging trap' level lower than is usual for the message. 'logging message' in the form you are using controls whether messages of that id are -ever- emitted (logging level permitting.) In the form you are using, 'logging message' followed by an id should be considered as just being there to reset a previous 'no logging message' command that turned off logging of the message.

In PIX 6.3, there is a mechanism for allowing a message to be seen when the logging level is lower than would normally send out the message. You use 'logging message' specifying the id and follow it with 'level' followed by the new level:

logging message 306013 level trap

This artificially moves the given message to the given level, thus achieving the result you want.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Works Great...

I've altered the level for 305009 through 305012 and they are logging great. Just had my web developer add a page to allow me to enter in a date time range and just return those events...

Thank you again!

Scott > :logging trap warnings

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.