PIX - Configuring External CA on failover setup

Hi,

I have a failover pair of Cisco PIX 515E's connecting accross the Internet to a Cisco VPN concentrator. We are using Certificates to authenticate the solution.

Now we have the primary PIX up and running correctly and its has authenticated and enrolled to the CA and the VPN connection works fine to the concentrator. However when i was testing the failover i could not get a connection to the failover PIX.

When im connected to the Failover PIX and issue a 'show ca cert' command it comes back with nothing so it would appear that configuring the primary with the ca authenticate and ca enroll commands does not configure the failover PIX.

I have tried to authenticate and enroll the failover PIX to the CA seperatly but only the authenticate works (i.e. root CA cert id pulled back - but not a server cert for the PIX)

Does anyone know if its possible to get this working with a failover pair of PIX's ? All the docs on Ciscos website just seem to refer to single PIX solutions and no mention is made of failover.

Regards,

Andy.

Reply to
Andy M
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.