[X-post] L2TP with CA authentication, no encryption.

Hi all,

I hope someone of you can answer my question. I want to get some sort of access control over who connects to my Cisco box and gets outside to Internet. I configured the PPTP protocol and from Windows machine it runs very well. Basically I enabled the vpdn on the router and on ethernet0 I allow only tcp

1723 and gre to it. It works pretty fine. Everyone who wants to get access must authenticate itself on the router. And you can configure what the authenticated people can do with an ACL put on incoming connection on int virtual-template chosen for the vpdn group. So everything travels over this pptp tunnel. But some of clients connected need to establish a VPN tunnel to Intranet companies so IPsec must works over PPTP. I experienced that is quite not stable so I would like to switch from PPTP to L2TP. And possibly to add CA authentication.

May anybody of you tell me where to find out some samples to set up a L2TP tunnel, no encryption and with authentication through CA certificates (the last issue is more important for me as I'll be starting from scratch with that topic)?

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.