PIX 515e IOS 7.0(5) and when the Power goes out, the PIX reboots to Boot Monitor

I have a PIX 515e IOS 7.0(5) and when the Power goes out, the PIX repoots to Boot Monitor.. I type Reload and its back up and Running.

What can I do to make it jsut boot into the IOS and get running?

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scooter133
Loading thread data ...

just a hint;

do you have the console port permanantly plugged in the serial port of a PC.

I had a situation where both the PC and the PIX would reboot simultaneously, and i guess during the reboot , the PC was sending some kind of garbage on the serial port , causing the PIX to boot in Monitor mode.

Reply to
news.svc.telus.net

Reply to
David Henzler

Not exactly Scott.

I have followed the Pix Getting Started Guide which uses the ASDM 5.2(4) software, and got it to "work". However I didn't understand the use of IP groups, and thus created a weird configuration that gets me close to what I wanted, but has some problems. I may be able to fix this by starting over. I really want to establish the inside address NATed address range to only appear on the outside (Ethernet0) port address. I also want that address to be a static assignment. I have tried assigning it, and can not find any place to put a gateway address so that it works. I have been able to configure the DNS and of course fail to get outside because of this.

It is my desire to have the pix in a non-routed mode if at all possible.

I have figured out how to make the DMZ port static NAT so that my DNS address pool is a one to one relationship with 5 of my outside addresses. However I haven't been able to ping the outside addresss, only the DMZ. This may be normal. Although it doesn't seem right.

I also don't understand why my higher security ports can't get out to lower ports without a rule being set up. It doesn't make sense. I was under the impression that any higher security level automatically could go to a lower one.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Gracias

David

Reply to
David Henzler

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.