Pix 501 reboots itself

Hi, have a pix 501 ios ver 6.3 that recently just started rebooting itself

3-4 times a day no specific intervals. changed to dif power outlet about half hour ago.. so monitoring for the mo. if that doesn't work could it be a bug? it's been running well for 4 months until 2 days ago.

also.. how/where would i upload a pix 'ios' from cisco - i have a CCO account.

thanks in adv.

Reply to
ants
Loading thread data ...

I think you're on the right track looking at the power source, you're just focusing on the wrong end of the power chain. The PIX

501 designer should be drawn and quartered for the fragility of the power connection on the PIX 501 itself. It seems that if you so much as look at the box cross-eyed, you can cycle power and force a reboot. Any source of vibration could be doing you in (truck driving by outside, heavy footsteps, etc).
Reply to
Vincent C Jones

Check to see if the power connectors are loose.

You may wish to investigate Cisco Downloads:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com=AE Cisco Resource Center Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272=20 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

It is indeed the sort of situation that calls to mind the phrase "Hanging's too good for him!".

In our experience spontaneous reboots can happen on the 501 if the connector is loose by as little as 1/2 millimeter.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hello,

Cisco will actually RMA the power supply for you if its part number is

34-1776-01 or 341-0008-01. I had many of them that got replaced free of charge. I had to go to my local Cisco rep (not reseller) to get it, but it was free and solved the problem.

Matt

ants wrote:

Reply to
Matthew Beck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.