Adding site-to-site VPNs to existing PIXs -- PDM?

I've inherited a PIX 501 at a central office, which has site-to-site VPNs to around a half dozen remote offices. Now, I need to add another remote office; so I need to configure both the remote 501 from scratch as well as adding another VPN to the existing central office 501.

I hurriedly tried getting a site-to-site VPN set up with the CLI on the PIXes, but for whatever reason it failed. Anyhow, I am in a hurry (again) and have wondered if using PDM would be a reasonable way to accomplish this. Can I just log into PDM on both central & remote offices, enter pretty much the same information (except for peer IPs, etc) and expect it to work? Or is PDM a little on the flaky side?

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
Chris
Loading thread data ...

Hi Chris,

You may find Cisco's Troubleshooting PIX Device Manager helpful:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Refurbished Cisco PIX Firewall Guide

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cisco's Troubleshooting PIX Device Manager link below does NOT need a CCO login, sorry about the previous link:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.