Port forwarding through PDM

I have access to my PIX 501 ONLY through PDM, since the former network manager forgot the telnet passwords.

I will find time to reset the router, vut for now i must be able to port forward a few ports.

I have one PPPoE address assigned by the ISP, and several servers that are 192.168.0.x

I want to forward port 80 from outside to be redirected to

192.168.0.1:80

Is that possible through PDM? i know i can do that through telnet but i don't have access...

Also - is there a way to reset the telnet passwords through PDM? after all I do have a privelege level 15 access account.

Thanks.

Reply to
Meni
Loading thread data ...

Yes, there is a tool to load from rommon that removes all passwords set on the PIX. It will show which staments in startup-config it will go to delete. Search for "resetting pix password" on

formatting link
or
formatting link

Alex.

Reply to
AM

i don't use the PDM often and i don't have access to one now , but if you look carefully in the menu , there is a Command Line option somewhere.

Reply to
mcaissie

That's great and i will look for it as soon as i can, but for now i really need osmeone's help with configuring port forwarding through PDM. Can anyone help?

Reply to
Meni

Well you did say that you know how to do it in telnet !

What i say is that you can do anything you can do in telnet through the pdm, without using the graphical interface but by typing the textual command.

Just select the Command Line option in the top menu ( i don't recall the exact name but it's somewhere in the middle ) . Then enter your telnet command for your port forwarding , static .... or whatever, and just click Send ( or OK i'm not sure)

Reply to
mcaissie

No luck. telnet access through the command line still requires the enable password - which i dont' know.

i simply need instructions on how to perform this operation through the PDM

Reply to
Meni

In article , Meni wrote: :No luck. :telnet access through the command line still requires the enable :password - which i dont' know.

Tools->Command Line Interface At Command: enter password MyNewTelnetPassword and click Send

Your telnet password is now reset to MyNewTelnetPassword

At Command: enter enable password MyNewEnablePassword and click Send

Your enable password is not reset to MyNewEnablePassword

:i simply need instructions on how to perform this operation through the :PDM

Describing all the steps necessary to use PDM for anything useful is a pain in the fundiment, which is why we avoid doing it and instead give the command line equivilents.

I don't normally describe PDM steps that should be obvious to anyone who knows how a PIX works, but I'm frustrated with your repeated questions, so here it goes. Note how much easier it would have been for you to have typed a single 'static' command into the CLI interface of PDM, in the manner described above.

If you have enough privilege to make the change through PDM, then you have enough privilege to make the change through the PDM interface to the CLI.

Configuration -> Translation Rules -> (o) Translation Rules In the empty space below the list of rules, right click and select Add

In the Add Address Translation Rule sheet that comes up, fill in the inside IP address and netmask in the top section. In the bottom section, click on Static and fill in the outside IP address. Click on Redirect Port. Click on TCP or UDP as appropriate. In the Original Port section, fill in the port as known to the inside. In the Translated Port section, fill in the port as known to the outside. Click OK.

Now back at the Translation Rules tab, click Apply.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

I sm sorry for causing you frustration... It was not my intention. Your few lines helped and i now have a maapped port.

However, trying to reset the passwords in the pix as you instructed, return the following result: Result of PIX command: "password enable enablepass"

Command failed

and the same for the telnet password...

any reason?

Thanks!

Reply to
Meni

figured it out - it waasn't "password" it was "passwd"

thanks!!

Reply to
Meni

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.