"passthrough" modem on Cisco 2500

Hi everyone,

I have AS 2511 with 16 async ports. It's rather old stuff but I've upgrade it with new PROMs and IOS version 11.2 Now, I need to configure 8 async ports for modem dial-in in a manner that everything that passes "through" modem (after connection) has to be redirected to the external host (WIN2003AS) on TCP port 2100. I've tried to play with chat scripts but with no success. Any idea/solution is much appreciated.

Reply to
Kifla a.k.a. F. Stratocaster
Loading thread data ...

~ Hi everyone, ~ ~ I have AS 2511 with 16 async ports. It's rather old stuff but I've upgrade ~ it with new PROMs and IOS version 11.2 Now, I need to configure 8 async ~ ports for modem dial-in in a manner that everything that passes "through" ~ modem (after connection) has to be redirected to the external host ~ (WIN2003AS) on TCP port 2100. I've tried to play with chat scripts but with ~ no success. ~ Any idea/solution is much appreciated. ~

Assuming that the application listening on TCP port 2100 on your Win2003 server just want to see raw TCP, then:

ip host W2003APP 2100 1.2.3.4 busy-message W2003APP / /

line 1 8 modem dialin autocommand telnet W2003APP /stream

The ip host/busy message stuff is a workaround for the fact that 11.2 didn't have "ip telnet quiet" / "telnet /quiet".

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.