oob managament / dial- in into 2610

Hi!

I want to configure a 2610 with BRI card and ASYNC16 to work as an out-of-band-management station. Everything works as expected but the configuration of the BRI card. I never configured anything like this before and don't know where to start. Assuming the local number of the BRI card is 15320 how can I set it up that I am able to dial into this port from any ISDN interface anywhere? Maybe from friends computer or even from hotel in vacation? Means: from computers I cannot configure IP wise. And if this works I plan to use callback for this.

Any hint appreciated, config snipplets or pointers to good documentation... Thanks, Christian

Reply to
Christian Lox
Loading thread data ...

Hi Christian,

Cisco's Understanding ISDN BRI Voice Interface Cards may be helpful:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

formatting link
schrieb:

Hi!

I guess I didn't describe my problem properly. I want to use this router to a.) connect via console (terminal access) the console port of the other equipment. This works fine via the ASYNC16 card. But only when at work! so b.) should allow me to call the number of the ISDN card from say some hotel or from a laptop with an ISDN card. I need to be able to log into the router and access then the console ports as like being at work, but in fact being dialed into this machine.

a.) works great b.) I am not able to set up...

Thanks, Christian

Reply to
Christian Lox

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.