odd request by support

I just got off the phone with Cisco TAC. I requested assistance in making a configuration change to my pix.

The Cisco TAC rep was helpful and solved my issue.

But, then before hanging up he requested that I send him a copy of my configuration "so that it's on file for future calls". This to me seemed very untoward. (I declined).

I hesitate to accuse him of wrong, but Cisco doesn't require a file copy of my pix configuration? Why would he ask and why would he use this excuse? Can someone offer an experienced opinion on this? Thanks

Reply to
stephenarbour
Loading thread data ...

Sometimes if the CSE considers that the solution to the problem he found is in a way unconventional, he would like to have a configuration or part of it pasted in the internal notes of the case. That way if the problem presents again in a different scenario with a different engineer, this one will be able to solve it with a research in the case database. Although it not always happen and is not mandatory I've seen it more than once.

Reply to
Anthrax

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.