New To Cisco Router

Hello everyone, I`m new to Cisco router and networking . So , I want guidance on how to start my career in field of networking.I would be very grateful if you would mention about websites.

Reply to
mac
Loading thread data ...

on how to start my career in field of networking.I would be very grateful if you would mention about websites.

Cisco has excellent documentation. Finding out how to navigate their website (and other vendors, such as Juniper) to get to their documentation, and reading copious amounts of will help you out no-matter-what. A lot of is boiler-plate. But read the installation guides, read the getting started with configuration guides.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thanks Doug for replying back. But one my friends gave me collections of feww ebooks on CCNA and others. Should I need to read to them also.

Reply to
mac

ebooks on CCNA and others. Should I need to read to them also.

I find the quality of the cisco documentation to be much better than most CCNA books, while teaching much the same info. So each to their own.

Knowing *how* to navigate the cisco documentation is going to be an essential skill too.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.