Network Power Controller access

I revcently purchased an APC Master Switch Network Power Controller model AP9210 (on eBay so no software) for an R&D lab... but don't seem to be able to get into it telnet/serial. The thing is refusing connection (although I can ping it ok - I have also reset the thing). The manual gives serveral ways to get in, including the above, and I don't want to purchase more hardware if I don't half to... Am I missing somnething here?

CAn anyone help.

Thanks Chris G-TV Guide, Inc.

Reply to
Genadmin
Loading thread data ...

In article , Genadmin wrote: :I revcently purchased an APC Master Switch Network Power Controller :model AP9210 (on eBay so no software) for an R&D lab

I've never heard of any corporate relationship between American Power Corporation (APC) and Cisco Systems Incorporated (comp.dcom.sys.cisco).

Is there a cisco hook here that I'm overlooking?

Reply to
Walter Roberson

I'm am sorry Robert - are you a spokesman for this newsgroup?

FYI: Cisco engineers more often than not work w/other equipment besides cisco (I know, I know, hard to believe). As such, I thought that perhaps some one here uses this particular piece of equipment, as it is a popular one used to remotely boot internetworking hardware at remote sites.

Not that it is required but just to shine a beam of light on an otherwise dim future, APC doesn't have a newsgroup (@#$%^). Perhaps you'd light to start it?

Now, are we done?!

Reply to
Genadmin

Reply to
gene martinez

In article , Genadmin wrote: :I'm am sorry Robert - are you a spokesman for this newsgroup?

Whom are you addressing? By the References: header, it appears your reply is to my post, but "Robert" is not one of my names, nor even a nicname I have ever had.

:FYI: Cisco engineers more often than not work w/other equipment besides :cisco (I know, I know, hard to believe).

Cisco engineers more often than not eat, drink, watch TV, and get involved in various intimacies -- but it doesn't follow that this newsgroup should discuss restaurants, Peeps, whiskey and beer, movie stars, nor any S&M beyond that which goes along with configuring Cisco equipment.

:Not that it is required but just to shine a beam of light on an :otherwise dim future, APC doesn't have a newsgroup (@#$%^). Perhaps :you'd light to start it?

Whut, like the UPS Discussion Forum at

formatting link
newsgroups comp.hardware or sci.electronics.equipment or comp.periphs ?

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.