Multilink Frame Relay

I have a 2811 and most likely will be getting an 1841. I will need to configure both routers to handle multilink frame relay. I have looked at both the vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 and the hwic-1fe cards to handle the WAN links. I am leaning toward the vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 unless someone can give me a reason not to or an alterative.

Reply to
skymax_taf
Loading thread data ...

configure both routers to handle multilink frame relay. I have looked at both the vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 and the hwic-1fe cards to handle the WAN links. I am leaning toward the vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 unless someone can give me a reason not to or an alterative.

Umm, the HWIC-1FE card isn't a WAN card? Did you mean something else? Or did you have a frame-relay-over-ethernet protocol I haven't heard about?

I've used the VWIC cards as dual WAN T1 ports many times. They work fine. There were some cavets for the older parts about clock recovery if you were talking to two different telco's, but I don't think you would be if you are talking MLFR as it is...

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.