MPLS & transparent bridging

This is kind of expected since you should not bridge between "L2" and "L3" interfaces. I'm not sure that MPLS is supported with IRB but if it is, then soulution would be:

bridge irb bridge 1 protocol ieee

int gi0/0.2 encapsulation dot1Q 2 bridge-group 1 int gi0/0.3 encapsulation dot1Q 3 bridge-group 1 int gi0/0.4 encapsulation dot1Q 4 bridge-group 1 int bvi 1 ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x tag-switching ip

Reply to
Ivan
Loading thread data ...

Hi! I want to configure a tag-switching on a subinterface. But I already have two subinterfaces in a bridge-group. The config I want to have looks like:

int gi0/0.2 encapsulation dot1Q 2 bridge-group 1 int gi0/0.3 encapsulation dot1Q 3 bridge-group 1 int gi0/0.4 encapsulation dot1Q 4 ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x tag-switching ip

But trying to do so I get an error:

% MPLS not supported on interface GigabitEthernet0/0.4 Transparent bridging already configured

How can I figure out? May be there is another solution to this network model?

Reply to
Anton Turygin

That's not actually what I want to achieve. gi0/0.4 _MUST NOT_ be the member of bridge-group 1.

Reply to
Anton Turygin

What DO you want to achieve then? What is the requirement? Why did you put bridge group on gi0/0.4 in the first place?

Reply to
Ivan

I want to have 2 subinterfaces in a bridge group and 1 subinterface with tag-switching configured.

I did no put bridge group on gi0/0.4. It is not a member of a bridge group.

Reply to
Anton Turygin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.