Mixed WIC cards in same router

Hi all,

In my follow up about T1 bonding (3MB in specific), can I mixed 2 different WIC cards to be use on the same router (1720 or 2600 or

1841). For example, mixing the first WIC (WIC-1DSU-T1) and the second WIC (WIC-1DSU-T1-V2) on the same router?

BV

Reply to
bavien
Loading thread data ...

Not quite following the question, but I think I see what you want.

The 1841 can only run WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 cards. It will not work with the older cards. So you can't mix that.

The 1720 can take the V2 WIC card, but will require newer code than you have IIRC from your previous post. 12.2(17) or newer, 12.3(1) and up.

The 2600 (non XM) can NOT take the V2 WIC card. The 2600XM can take the V2 WIC card with the above software revs on it.

You can mix and match the different ones according to the rules above.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Hi Doug,

My current 1720 router has a WIC-1DSU-T1 in one of the serial slots. So if I read your rules correctly, I can connect a V2 WIC card (WIC-1DSU-T1-V2) in the second serial slot since my 1720 router is running IOS 12.2(46).

BV

Reply to
bavien

Yes, you should be able to according to Cisco's published documentation. (ie. that was from the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 datasheet).

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.